27/7/2013 Pickering Traction Engine Rally
This year sees Pickering host its 61st Traction Engine Rally, boasting the biggest line of Showman engines and Fairground Organs ever seen in the North of England.
Running over 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th of August this annual event attracts thousands of visitors every year and its easy to see why, with something for all the family.
This years attractions include,
- Over 1000 Vintage and Classic Cars, Commercials and Motorcycles
- Arena Attractions
- Three Live Stage Shows
- Steam Yachts
- Wall of Death
- Steam Gallopers
- Huge Modern Funfair
- Sky TV Tractor Pulling
- Over 100 Steam Rollers, Lorries and Agricultural Traction Engines
- Over 400 Vintage Tractors, Static Working Engines,Steam Ploughing,Road Rolling
- Giant Autojumble and Collectors Market
- Fine Food & Craft Marquees
- Bars & Live Bands
- Miniature Steam Engines and Model Engineering Marquee.
Some of the Steam and Vintage Vehicles also do road runs to Thornton Dale (5pm Friday) and Pickering (5pm Saturday).
On the Saturday night there is also a launch of Hot Air Ballons and a Firework display at 9:25pm.
With so much to see and do you may need a couple of days to really enjoy all that the show has to offer.
More information can be found at www.pickeringsteam.com